Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My cat, Macgregor...?

Gathers all his toys and puts them in his food bowl. Hahah. It's a wonder how he even has enough room to eat. I don't know if he thinks theyr his children or friends and they need to be fed or what. Ive had him for almost 5 years, and he started this about two years ago.





Butttt now he just recently started putting the SAME little mouse toy in his water bowl. Its disgusting. It's a soggy wet rat. I have to take the mouse out to dry, and it takes about 3 days, and as soon as I give the mouse back to him, he puts the poor toy back in there. Hahah, it's adorable. Have you ever heard of this!?!|||my youngest cat LOVES to soak his catching mouse, by any chance, are the toys that your cat soaks- do they have cat nip in them? we figured that the cat only liked to soak the cat nip mouse, maybe for basting purposes I don't know. I wouldn't worry, its a harmless yet very disgusting habit, my cat doesn't do it as much now, maybe switching from a cat nip toy to a crinkle ball?|||Cats do that, and why, I don't really know. I have three, so just imagine all the toys that wind up in the feed and water bowls in my house.. ;)





I'd say it's perfectly normal, and most likely an instinct they have. Toys = caught food; food bowl = place for food. Perhaps in a cat's eyes, it's a perfect match.|||There are four reasons that your cat might do this. One, he is treating his toys as prey and therefore is putting them with the rest of his food. Or two, that he doesn't want to lose his toys and he knows where his food dish is. Or three, your cat just ends up dropping them in the food dish when he goes to eat. And four, your cat thinks the two of you are playing a game (especially since you take the toys out it could seem like this). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment