Tuesday, November 22, 2011

If I replaced my driver could my distance increase?

Im 15 years old and I just started golf this year and im pretty good. I shoot 93 consistantly. I am using my dads 12 year old macgregor driver. the driver doesnt have a big head like the ones they have now! I hit my driver 200 yards. If I replaced my driver with a new one with a big head would it increase my distance?|||Probably not. The reason you're not getting enough distance is your swing and your strength.|||A more modern driver would help some but it isn't going to turn you into someone you're not. A modern driver will be much more forgiving and thus longer and more accurate on your off center hits. But certainly don't expect to immediately drop a bunch of strokes off your game.|||I recently replaced my old macgregor driver with a new one. My accuracy and confidence went way up. A good drive with my old driver was 200 yards at best. With my new Taylormade burner, I have drived short par 4s of 300 yards on occation. (That is a rare hit but still possible.)





I would say my drives increased by 40-50 yards on the average hit. I am still learning alot but I would credit this club with 4-5 strokes in 9 holes.|||Yes there have been major advances in the way drivers are designed and manufactured over the last decade. A newer driver will definitely increase your distance if you hit it just as well.|||im 15 aswell :) ive played golf 4 bout 10 years now an yehh it definately can if u bought a driver with a lower face degree, (like 9.5 - 10 .5 degrees) and if u bought a modern driver with a 460cc size head then yeh ull be able to hit it alot further, and straighter|||Hello,


It would help your distance through technology.





If you need help in getting a updated driver at a lower price let me know I would be willing to help through my contacts in the golf industry. My son started playing and he is 6 yrs old. I encourage and will help young folks the best i can to promote golf. You need to get your parents involved to contact me to help.





Take care.|||i'm in the same position as you- except my driver is low quality- not old.


yes, a new driver will improve your distance. make sure that you have a nice, fluid swing and good mechanics. those need to be in order before buying a new driver.


the longer hits will take maximum 5 strokes off your round. the real key to low scores falls on your shortest clubs; wedges and putters.

No comments:

Post a Comment