Friday, November 18, 2011

Any advice for a golfer new to Forged irons?

I am a decent golfer, and my handicap is around 12, and i am a consistant ball striker with little or no draw or fade to the ball. Recently, i decided to trade in my Callaway X-14, for Callaway X-Forged. And they seem fairly forgiving for blades, because i have tried Mizuno Mp-32, and 33, MacGregor blades aswell.





Any advice on other clubs to try? How to take care of the forged irons? do they bend easily if i were to hit one fat on dry fairways?|||forged clubs are really good clubs. when you play in the rain make sure you take them out of the bag. try not to hit it in gravel they scratch easily. if you play 2 to 3 a week have the lie and loft checked every 5 months. specially your most used club. i use mp33|||I've played forged irons for 6 of the 8 years I've been playing golf. I won't play a cast iron anymore. The feel is so soft and pure. Care for the clubs isn't any different than any other clubs. They will hold up just fine under any circumstance. I've played Nike Forged Pro Combos for the past 4 years and they've held up under all kinds of shots I've hit. Other clubs to try are the Mizuno MP-57(full cavity forged iron) or Mizuno MP-60.|||I've used blades on and off for the last 12 years. Even though they have a softer feel, they do not bend or break any easier than cavities. I just find them awsome to use. I had a set of Mizuno TZoid Trues, and set of Bridgestone and a couple of other sets (Spalding Tour Edition) over the years.





I like the look of the Titleist blades (690 mb) myself, or even the Snake Eyes (I use the wedges)|||The Callaway X Forged is probably the most forgiving forged club in golf. I played Mizuno MP 33 for 2 seasons and found them to be easy to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment