Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MacGregor 26?

I am looking at purchasing a 1983 MacGregor 26. I've gone through a basic keepboat course in a Catalina 22' and I've been sailing before on larger boats. Does anyone have any experience with these boats, and if so, can you tell me if they are good for someone like me with little experience? Also, this is my first boat purchase, what are some good questions to ask the seller, and what should I look for as far as red flags?|||It's very difficult for a first time buyer to be able to know what to look for. The list of red flags/things to ask would be gigantically large. You really ought to bring someone along who knows what they're looking at. If you can't do that, try to get one someone's boat first that you know is in good shape, so you have something to compare this new boat to.





But otherwise, the MacGregor 26 should be fine for your experience level. It may take some getting used to, but you'll do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment