Friday, November 18, 2011

Driver assistance - MacGregor MacTec NVG2 Driver????

I just purchased the MacGregor MacTec NVG2 9.5* driver with a stiff Fujikura shaft in hopes of getting a little more distance and much more foregiveness. I am 6'4"/240lbs. and have a fast, strong swing and, when hit correctly, can drive 275-290 yards with a cheap Ram G-Force 10.5* driver. I am now having second thoughts about buying the MacTec for $80 new. I am thinking I should have gone with a Adams, TaylorMade, Nike, etc. for $150-$200. I just bought the driver on 2 days ago and have not played with it yet. Should I return it and seek a "bigger" name for twice the price? Keep in mind I regularly shoot in the high 80's to low 90's.....not a Tiger Woods!!!|||If you hit 290 with your driver and shoot 80s, maybe you should buy a better putter.|||just try out the drivers you are interested in and decide accordinaly to which one feels the best|||I have the same driver, had it for over a year now. I have learned a couple of things about this driver that is very important. First whenever my swing speed is up and going good then I can bomb this driver over 300 yds. But whenever my swing speed gets slower then I have all kinds of problems with this driver. There is no in between with this driver because of the shaft it has. I've had a Pro explain this to me because I was wondering why the driver was reacting the way it was. I love the driver whenever my swing and speed is going right but when it's not then I cannot even hit this driver. Personally I am going to buy another driver with a different shaft, probably the Ping G10.

No comments:

Post a Comment