Friday, November 11, 2011

What has happened to Macgregor clubs?

they were once the elite clubs on the market. Endorsed and used by Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, and now you can hardly find them at Golfsmith. |||They are still on the market today...... but they aren't that big on anything really, although they have fallen behind they still are a good hit around club for new comers.|||They just seem to have lost out in the marketing game. I think they put too many eggs in the MacTEC basket. Good driver and wood/hybrid design, poor iron design (ugly as sin except for the M685's). It's too bad. I happen to be pretty fond of them on the whole.





The new MT series looks interesting with a gunmetal finish available on some of the offerings, but from what I've gathered the Forged Pro blades, and MT Mid models are the only ones worth a look. I used to have a set of MT Tourney Tungsten cavity backs (1999ish) and I'm wishing I hadn't traded them in. Can't find them on ebay either.

No comments:

Post a Comment